Answers for Travel

Monday, April 13, 2009

Do you think that there is something wrong with a CNA not wanting to go back to school to become an RN?

I am a certified nursing assistant and i really do not want to go back to school to become a Registered Nurse. Instead i would prefer to advance further in my career and become a Dialysis Technician instead. Do you think that i am making the right career choice?



There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Some people are satisfied exactly where there are-no matter what they are. Many CNA's do not want to become RN's. Being an RN is a lot of responsibility. After being a CNA, many can not fathom being responsible for more no matter the pay. I personally, am in the process of going to school to become an RN, however I see noting wrong with those who do not want to be.





Only you can best judge what field you would be best in. It definitely seems like you have interest in the medical field. I would suggest you continue to follow through with whatever goals you may have, especially since it seems your heart is set on it. Many people are getting into the medical field because they are the most "recession proof" jobs. You could experience the best of both worlds!





Good Luck




Absolutely.


I am an RN, and I would rather work with a CNA who is knowledgeable and cares about the job than someone who is ONLY using it as a stepping stone. Nursing is tough, and if I did not love it, and want to be a nurse from the time I was a little girl, it would have been impossible.


Actually, the last clinical job I worked was as a dialysis nurse, and I have the same comment - a great tech made the day go very well. Things were organized, I did not have to worry about the patients, because I knew they were well cared for.


One thing is check the salary - when one of the techs, who was my friend, told me what she was making, I was appalled. It was around 12/hr. Techs have much responsibility, and can affect the patient either very positively or very negatively.


I believe that the right career path for you is the one where you enjoy your job, and do not hate getting out of bed each day.


I wish you the best!




There is nothing wrong with that. You are an important aspect of the health care team and the team could not do without you. You are probably more of a people person, more caring, and you want to be more hands on with the patients/residents as opposed to performing nursing tasks. I commend you. If you are happy with what you are doing, stick with it. Many people search an entire life time for a job that they truly love and you are lucky to have found that for yourself. Good luck!




I don't see anything wrong with not wanting to become an RN after being a CNA. I didn't, and now I'm working general maintenance, which has nothing whatsoever to do with nursing. Becoming a Dialysis Technician sounds like a great career move (better than my choice), good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel with Me

Want to Travel with Pretty Girl?

Travel blog